Hi there! My name is Maria Elena. You already know that. However, considering you clicked this "about me" tab, you probably don't know much about who I am. Let's dive right in, shall we?
- Happy in my own little world! (That's my catchphrase.)
- I live in Los Angeles, California (specifically the LBC) with my boyfriend Andrew. I wish we had a french bulldog but hey, dog-friendly apartments are hard to come by, right?
- I'm originally from Cleveland, Ohio, which means you're probably going to ask me about LeBron James.
- I'm a staff writer for a Santa Monica-based company called Fanbread. There I create content for celebrities and influencers like Vanessa Hudgens, NeNe Leakes, Ashley Benson, D.L. Hughley, Terry Crews, and more! I specialize in women's and urban lifestyle.
- My first book, Eternal Youth, is out! It's a coming-of-age collection of poetry, published by Thought Catalog. You should check it out!
- I'm a Slytherin who is strangely obsessed with Severus Snape. When Alan Rickman died, I received more texts, calls and emails than I've ever gotten in my life despite the fact I never met him.
- Like other diehard Disney fans, I consider myself the #1 Disney fan. I religiously keep up with all things Disney and can get verrrry passionate about it. My boyfriend is a performer at Disneyland, so I find myself spending a lot of my time there. I own more Mickey Ears than I do bras, so yeaaaaah, the obsession is real.
- I'm a vegetarian, for health and for the animals! My diet is mostly vegan considering I avoid dairy 99% of the time, but I don't consider myself vegan because I still eat hot cheetos. And hot fries...and hot puffs...and hot funyuns...you get the point. Oh yeah! I should uhhh..probably mention that I'm absolutely OBSESSED with flamin' hot everything.
- In Season 1 of Glee, Kurt looks at Rachel from afar and says, "She manages to dress like a grandmother and a toddler at the same time." Oddly enough, that is exactly how I describe my style. Peter pan collars, oversized sweaters, high-waisted everything, pastels, cheesy patterns and designs, I loooove them all! I love vintage, classic looks like your grandmother wore back in the day, but I also envy the colorful, over-the-top, princessy looks your niece gets to wear. All in all though, as long as it's comfortable, affordable and unique, I'm all over it.
- My aesthetic is somewhere between kawaii princess playing video games all day to mysterious-yet-cozy dream girl writing poetry in a coffee shop. But if I'm being honest, I try not to get caught up in aesthetic. I am who I am and I'll never fit an exact mold, you feel me?
- As you can tell by my blog header, I live for video games. My favorite is Kingdom Hearts, but considering we've been waiting over 10 years for KH3, I find myself following Assassins Creed, Zelda, Mario Bros, Animal Crossing, Crash Bandicoot and Runescape.
- My Starbucks order is a venti iced vanilla latte with soy milk, but that's subject to change. Probs not tho.
- I listen to all music, all day, so if you ever have a dope artist you'd like me to check out, send them my way! However, my favorite artist will ALWAYS be Lana Del Rey and I have a strange soft spot for 2000s pop punk music.
- My everyday makeup look is just mascara, occasionally some matte lipstick.
- If this matters to you, my personality type is INFP (emphasis on the Introvert part) and I'm an Aries.
- I think that's good enough...but hey! My email is always open if you want to know anything else.
So, now that you've gotten to know me, let me tell you a little bit about what you can expect to find on Pink Chanel Suit:
- Everything I post about is authentic, meaning I'm not going to post about a brand I don't like, I'm not going to write about something if I don't care about it, and every word and photo represents who I am.
- Film, literature, theatre, television, gaming, oh my! Whether it be a review, my top picks, or just coverage, you can expect to see all things media on my blog.
- A glimpse into my style via #ootds, flatlays, and more.
- Recipes! All of my recipes are vegetarian and vegan friendly. A huge chunk of them are recreations of not-so-vegan junk food because junk food is life.
- Interviews with inspiring individuals from all walks of life. Musicians, YouTubers, authors, bloggers, photographers, illustrators...
- Poetry appears on my blog a lot considering, you know, I sort of published a poetry book.
- Ramblings and think pieces will make an appearance every now and then.
- Coverage of exciting events. I attend a lot of conventions, launch parties, premieres and events. In addition to sharing my experience on social media, you'll often see that here, too! Sometimes it's something low-key like a Disneyland date or food expo and sometimes it's more exciting like fashion week or Comic Con.
- And much, much more!
If you'd like to connect with me outside my blog, feel free to follow my journey on social media, where I update a lot more: