Taylor Swift's All Time Favorite Cookie Recipe: Chai Tea Cookies With Eggnog Frosting!1:09 PM
About two years ago, Taylor Swift caught the attention of the baking world when she posted this delicious looking photo on Instagram of her chai tea eggnog cookies. Naturally, we all freaked out. Tay Tay, give us the recipe ASAP!
Aaaaaand, she did. She posted the recipe on her Tumblr and thank the laaaawd she did because these cookies are TO DIE FOR. In her own words, "bakers gotta bake bake bake bake bake!"
These chai tea eggnog cookies are perfect for the holiday season. And the best part is you get to say, "Oh, I got the recipe from Taylor Swift. No big deal."
Other than an awesome playlist filled with some T-Swift tunes,
here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 chai tea packet
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon eggnog
The directions are on Taylor's Tumblr, but can be kind of confusing. Seventeen Magazine simplified them for us! Yaaaaaaas!
Here are the directions, courtesy of Seventeen.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with butter or cooking spray.
2. Using a mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl on medium for about 1 minute. Add the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla, beating on medium speed until each ingredient is completely incorporated.
3. This is where Tay's personalization comes in! Cut one chai tea packet open and empty the crushed tea leaves into the batter.
4. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt using mixer set on low.
5. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour or freeze for 15 minutes so it's easier to handle.
6. Now you're ready to bake! Dollop 1 tablespoon of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Press the dough evenly with your fingers or palm to 1/4-inch thickness.
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before eating.
8. Taylor personalized her sugar cookies with her homemade eggnog icing! Just mix your powdered sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and eggnog to create the icing. Then spoon it over your cookies once they've cooled.
9. As a final touch, Taylor sprinkled some cinnamon on top of the cookies.
This is how queen Taylor's cookies came out:
Did you try out her recipe? If so, what do you think?